No application deadline – apply ASAP.
The Client Services Team is small team of dedicated people putting the client at the centre of every interaction. The Client Services Officer is a customer facing role, providing high quality, professional first point of contact with clients. Predominantly phone based, the role is responsible for accurately assessing (against an eligibility criteria) and identifying each client’s social and legal services needs to understand whether Caxton can assist or if a referral to an alternate provider would be more suitable.
- Provide exceptional customer service to all clients ensuring issues are dealt with respectfully and confidentially;
- Triage each client’s social and legal service needs appropriately and escalate as required;
- Accurate application of Eligibility Criteria;
- Undertake conflict checks for clients;
- Collect and input data to contribute to funding deliverables and meet reporting requirements as instructed by the Line Manager;
- Make diary appointments for clients ensuring high levels of accuracy and collection of all relevant information;
- Management of inboxes is effective, coordinated and responsive;
- Adhoc assistance after hours (eg. Evening Advice Sessions), to backfill Client Services coverage as required (eg. team member on leave); and
- General reception and administration duties, including management of incoming and outgoing mail, room bookings, ensuring the reception area is well presented and resourced.
- Demonstrated experience in a customer facing role, preferably in a Community Services setting;
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to deal with vulnerable and/or marginalised members of the community;
- Strong professional boundaries and ability to remain impartial during interactions with clients;
- High level of resilience;
- Excellent time management skills and ability to meet deadlines;
- Ability to ‘think on your feet’ and navigate complex situations and information;
- Work independently and as an effective team member in the absence of specific instruction;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise key tasks and requests;
- Calm and mature approach to dealing with sensitive and highly confidential information;
- Proficient in computer literacy and major administration software packages such as Microsoft (Outlook, Excel, Word) and SharePoint;
- Proficient in use of Client Management systems; use of CLASS is desirable, however not essential; and
- Ability to work varying hours on an adhoc basis (eg. late afternoon/evenings to assist with Evening Advice Sessions) will be viewed favourably, but is not essential
WHY CAXTON LEGAL?
Caxton Legal Centre has played a central part in Queensland’s legal landscape over the past 40 years, leading the state’s first Stolen Wages case, successfully representing well over 100 victims of the 2011 floods, and paving the way for multidisciplinary service delivery to people experiencing elder abuse.
We are an engaged, passionate and talented group of lawyers, social workers and administrative staff with whom you are encouraged to collaborate with and learn from in order to meet our client’s needs.
Our full-time staff enjoy a 35 hour working week paid at the full-time Award rate, with time off in lieu if additional approved hours are worked.
Paid Christmas leave is provided during the office shut-down period to New Years in addition to four weeks paid annual leave.
Caxton is currently experiencing significant growth and change across many of its programs; these roles represent investments into the future of our service delivery and capabilities across South-East Queensland.
Please apply by providing a 1-2 page cover letter addressing the key accountabilities and your CV, for the attention of Jodie Niland, Manager – Client and Community Pathways.
A closing date has not been listed as we will be contacting suitable candidates for interview as applications are received.