An exciting opportunity for a lawyer to come and work with us at our centre. We are looking for a lawyer with 2 years PAE to work with our great team to provide:
- Help for people experiencing legal difficulties with legal advice, and legal tasks associated with domestic violence, family law, civil law and other legal issues arising from COVID-19
- Deliver community legal education to marginalised people that assists them to understand the law and their rights
- Link people experiencing legal issues to other services such as financial counselling, mental health, domestic and family violence, housing and employment.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Classification: Social, Community, Home Care & Disability Services Industry (SCHADS) Award 2010 Level 5
- Hours of Work: Full Time 12 month contract – 38 hours per week
- Reporting To: Director
The Solicitor’s duties are to provide high quality legal services in the areas of law consistent with the Solicitor’s area of expertise and in accordance with the GCCLC guidelines. Legal advice services are provided at the Centre’s office in Southport with a number of outreach locations across the Gold Coast.
Accreditation as a duty lawyer with legal aid in child protection, domestic and family violence and mental health review tribunal desirable
Ideally you will bring the following: a client focus, commitment to justice and equity, resilience, flexibility, inclusiveness, a collaborative spirit, creativity, innovation and cultural awareness.
IN PARTICULAR, THE SOLICITOR IS APPOINTED TO PROVIDE AND UNDERTAKE:
- Legal advice
- Legal Task Work
- Information and referrals
People from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds and people from culturally diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.