No deadline – apply ASAP
Women’s Legal Service Queensland (WLSQ) is a not for profit, specialist community legal centre providing free legal and social work support services to women in the areas of domestic violence, family law, financial abuse and some areas of sexual assault. The service is committed to the creation of a society in which every woman is safe from violence, heard and respected, and receives a fair and just outcome from legal and social welfare systems.
WLSQ’s fundraising and marketing team plays a key role in supporting, funding and extending WLSQ programs by delivering highly successful signature events, supporting community fundraising events/initiatives and through grants, trusts, donations, community fundraisers, financial and in kind corporate partnerships.
BENEFITS & CULTURE
- An established portfolio of successful events
- Competitive salary with generous salary packaging and six weeks paid leave
- Work from home arrangements
- Passionate, professional and highly dedicated team
- Feminist workplace and culture
Working within the fundraising and marketing team and reporting into the events specialist, you will provide hands on assistance to support the successful planning and delivery of all fundraising events, including large signature events.
In this hands on role you’ll be responsible for a variety of functions across end-to-end event administration and execution, and the role will rely heavily on your ability to organise, manage competing priorities and schedule ahead. Specifically, you will:
- Assist with the event organisation including hands on bump in and bump out, run sheets, briefings, raffle coordination, prizes, seating plans and supplier liaison
- Recruit and coordinate volunteers, deliver pre and on-site briefings and manage volunteer needs and recognition
- Support fundraisers by providing materials and collateral when required
- Maintain accurate administration and event records on various platforms
- Be willing to work outside of business hours in the delivery of fundraising events
This role will suit candidates who enjoy liaising and interacting with people and have experience in events and/or fundraising. The ability and willingness to work within a small cohesive team, multitask and apply a detailed, accurate and organised approach will see you succeed in this dynamic team.
Ideally, although not essential, you possess:
- Experience with Canva, Salesforce, Humanitix and Raisely
- Tertiary qualification in event management, hospitality, business or marketing