Women’s Legal Service Queensland (WLSQ) are seeking a dedicated and passionate Helpline team leader to be part of our team – come and join us to make a difference to the lives of women and children who are experiencing domestic violence.
WLSQ is a nationally recognised, leading and innovative not for profit organisation in Australia. WLSQ provides high quality legal and social support services to women, specialising in the areas of family law, domestic violence, child protection, financial abuse legal protection and sexual assault through our counselling notes protect program.
This role is a permanent full-time and has responsibility for the day-to-day supervision and support of the Helpline service. This role is to manage the team roster, take escalation calls and manage the appointment calendar as well as other administration and coordination responsibilities that will contribute to the best quality services to be provided.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
- Provide supervision and support to the Helpline team on a daily basis.
- Update, monitor and coordinate the team roster to ensure enough team members work onsite and services can be delivered as required.
- Take escalation calls and coordinate with other relevant parties to de-escalate the calls when needed.
- Manage the appointment calendar to support the services that can be provided in a timely manner. This includes but is not limited to helpline advice appointments, warm referrals, and social work referrals.
- Support the helpline team to meet its objectives and support other teams as or when required.
- Participate in the recruitment, selection, induction and training of Information and Referral Officers ensuring that clear performance expectations are set on commencement.
- Participate in probation meetings ensuring that new staff have the skills and resources to meet WLSQ performance expectations and also align with the organisation’s culture.
- Ensure the team is supported with appropriate debriefing and professional supervision support.
- Oversee work quality and monitor team performance and ensure issues relating to performance or conduct are addressed promptly in line with WLSQ policies and procedures and are documented accordingly.
- Coordinate workflows and workloads to ensure the smooth running of the team and appropriate utilisation of people.
- Ensure team members have up-to-date information and are aware of changes to legal information or requirements affecting the service.
- Respond to feedback from other staff in relation to Helpline performance.
- Subject to capacity and budgetary limitations, identify training opportunities, train team members, and provide support for the ongoing performance and development of team members.
- Collect and interpret Helpline statistics in relation to the assessment of overall service delivery.
- Contribute to a collaborative team culture for staff and volunteers which is professional, productive and supportive and consistent with the WLSQ values and feminist principles.
- Any other tasks as requested by the Director of Corporate Services.
SKILLS AND CAPABILITIES
- Ability to foster professional and respectful relationships with different stakeholders.
- Well developed and effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- High level of administrative, organisational and time management skills including the ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Be able to demonstrate an understanding and possess the ability to address the discrimination and harassment issues within the workplace.
- High level of computer literacy including demonstrated experience with MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, database programs and office equipment.
- General knowledge and understanding of legal and social issues affecting women, particularly the gendered nature of sexual and domestic violence.
- A commitment to the mission and values of the WLSQ and an ability to work within a feminist framework.
REMUNERATION AND BENEFITS
In addition to having a meaningful and rewarding career, you will receive:
- An attractive remuneration package between $88,762 and $92,773 per annum plus statutory superannuation.
- Generous leave entitlements with additional paid leave over Christmas and New Year.
- Attractive salary sacrifice options.
WLSQ has an exemption under the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991 that allows for the employment of women only within the organisation.
WLSQ also requires all staff to have at least two COVID-19 Vaccinations.
Successful applicants will be required to complete a National Police Check.
If you have any questions regarding this role, please email email@example.com.