Position: Lawyer, Human Rights and Civil Law Practice
Classification: Level 5 – part-time
Remuneration: $84,866 (Pro-rata .8 FTE) plus super and attractive salary packaging options
Type: permanent part-time
An opportunity to make a difference
Caxton is seeking a part-time Lawyer for 28 hours per week to work in our Human Rights and Civil Law Practice.
The successful applicant will be responsible for providing legal advice and casework to clients across a range of areas of law including human rights and anti-discrimination; employment; retirement villages and manufactured home parks; coronial inquests, civil; crime; credit and debt and consumer law. The position is responsible for checking advice provided and following up evening advice clients, providing advice to daytime clients and undertaking casework in accordance with the casework guidelines.
- Apply and strengthen existing knowledge of relevant areas of law to deliver legal advice and casework as directed by the Practice Director
- Work collaboratively to provide a holistic, client-centered service to diverse clients within a human rights framework
- Deliver community education, engage in sector development and networking; contribute to law and policy reform
- Bachelor of Laws or similar qualification
- Demonstrated experience in relevant area of law
- Eligible for admission as a legal practitioner of the Supreme Court of Queensland
- Hold (or are eligible for) a Queensland Practising Certificate
The successful applicant will have the ability to work with clients with complex legal and social issues and provide advice to clients who may have an impairment or be culturally or linguistically diverse.
If you are interested in joining a team who are highly committed to social justice and value diversity and human rights, please send your cover letter addressing the key accountabilities and essential requirements along with your CV quoting reference: HRCLP1021 to email@example.com.
Applications must be received by close of business Friday 22 October 2021. Due to the high volume of applications, only those successful in gaining an interview will be contacted.