Applications close 23 October.
WLSQ is a nationally recognised, leading and innovative not for profit organisation in Australia. WLSQ provides high quality legal and social support services to women, specialising in the areas of family law, domestic violence, child protection, financial abuse legal protection and sexual assault through our counselling notes protect program.
WLSQ is opening a new office in Ipswich, and we are looking for a dedicated and passionate Legal Support Officer to come and join us to make a difference for women experiencing domestic violence.
A. Administrative tasks to support day-to-day activities of the Client Advice Team, the Volunteer Manager and WLSQ including:
- Assist with managing client relationship and handling client enquiries.
- Confirm appointments with clients and preparing related paperwork.
- Calendar management including scheduling appointments for lawyers.
- Administrative tasks associated with managing electronic client files including but not limited to filing, data entry, searches, transcribing and opening, closing and archiving files.
- Manage and conduct conflict checks.
- Approaching all clients and work associated with the service with professionalism, compassion and confidentiality.
- Other general administration and organisational tasks as required.
- Administrative tasks associated with supporting the internal processes of WLSQ.
- Trouble shoot IT issues and escalating them to IT, when required.
B. Undertake general clerical duties including:
- Copying, faxing, scanning, filing and shredding.
- Word processing and Dictaphone work.
- Updating WLS client databases and records.
- Contributing to the development and maintenance of the statistical records of the WLSQ, including Attorney General data reporting.
- Assisting with maintaining WLS administrative systems.
C. Foster professional and respectful relationships with staff, service providers and stakeholders.
D. Contribute to a collaborative team culture for staff and volunteers which is professional, productive, supportive and consistent with the WLSQ values and feminist principles.
E. Any other administrative tasks as requested by the Team Leader –Client Advice.
SELECTION CRITERIA / SKILLS AND CAPABILITIES:
- Demonstrated experience in performing administrative / secretarial tasks.
- Well-developed and effective interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- High level organisational skills and pay attention to detail.
- High level accuracy in word processing and data entry; high standard of work output.
- High level of computer literacy including demonstrated experience with MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, database programs and office equipment.
- Ability to work under pressure, to set work priorities and to meet competing and tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated a commitment to working for a community organisation within a feminist framework in a manner consistent with the mission, purpose and values of WLSQ.
REMUNERATION AND BENEFITS
In addition to having a meaningful and rewarding career, you will receive:
- An attractive remuneration package between $36.00 and $38.60 per hour plus statutory superannuation.
- Generous leave entitlements with additional paid leave over Christmas and New Year.
- Attractive salary sacrifice options.