Classification: Level 5 (SCHADS Award)
Remuneration: $84,866 pro rata plus super and attractive salary packaging options
Type: Part Time fixed term contract (2 days/14 hours per week) until 30 June 2022 (possible extension subject to government funding renewal)
An opportunity to make a difference
Caxton Legal Centre is looking for a Social Worker to join its team on a part-time basis. This rewarding 14 hour/week job shared Social Work position within its Human Rights and Civil Law Practice assists clients who have received legal advice at Caxton and indicate an interest in social work follow up. These clients may have used one or more of our legal services and consequently can bring a wide variety of presenting issues and challenging circumstances. The short to medium-term social work intervention aims to make a real difference by helping people to improve their wellbeing and quality of life through a focus on their needs and capabilities; access social justice; and protection of their human rights.
- Provide social work services to clients in accordance with Caxton’s policies and practices and the Australian Association of Social Workers Code of Ethics 2020
- Provide an effective intake, psychosocial assessment, safety planning, crisis response and capacity screening service for clients, or prospective clients
- Assist clients to meet their safety and psycho-social needs by providing short-term counselling, access to services and support, advocacy, negotiation with relevant parties, limited court support, and referrals (via phone, appointments at outreach locations, court, home visits and on-site at the Centre, as appropriate). In conjunction with the line manager and colleagues, ensure the caseload is remains manageable
- Collaborate with relevant agencies and entities to provide information, problem solve and develop referral pathways for services to clients
- Where relevant, contribute social work perspectives to Caxton’s submissions for policy or law reform
- Provide high quality written reports, records, and/or collect data as required for evaluation and reporting requirements.
- Bachelor of Social Work or other relevant qualification
- Eligible for AASW membership or equivalent professional body in Australia
- Substantial experience in the provision of social work services and independent case load management
- Current drivers licence
The successful applicant will work within a supportive team environment. The position is office based with some work from home requirements in the event of COVID-19 lockdowns. Applicants will have the ability to work with a full case load of clients with complex legal and social issues and provide advice to clients who may have an impairment or have culturally or linguistically diverse backgrounds.
If you are interested in joining a team who are highly committed to social justice and value diversity and human rights, please send your cover letter addressing each of the accountabilities and essential requirements along with your CV quoting reference: SWP1021 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must be received by close of business Friday 22nd October 2021. Due to the high volume of applications, only those successful in gaining an interview will be contacted.