CLE Skills Refresher Workshop Cairns – 2021
Thursday 7 October 2021
Gather with us on the beautiful country of the Gimuy Walubarra Yidinji and Yirrganydji peoples in tropical Cairns to build on your knowledge and practice at the 2021 CLE (community legal education) Skills Refresher Workshop.
This workshop is designed as an in-person experiential learning event for CLE practitioners in the legal assistance sector where you can:
- Showcase CLE projects and resources
- Build your CLE skills and multidisciplinary practice
- Connect CLE research and theory
- Participate in peer learning and reflective practice
- Be inspired and make an impact.
REGISTER NOW! FINAL PROGRAM AVAILABLE TO DOWNLOAD BELOW!
Solicitors can claim up to 5 CPD points for this event.
Presented by the CLE Educators North Queensland (NQ) Working Group — a project of the Community Legal Education Legal Assistance Forum (CLELAF)
FREE Blurred Borders Workshop – Wednesday 6 October 2021
We will be holding a complimentary event the day before the CLE Skills Refresher Workshop on Wednesday 6 October, 9am to 12.30pm at the JCU Cairns — Bada-jali City Campus, 36 Shields Street.
The workshop will be facilitated by John Jablonka from the original project committee. The ‘Blurred Borders’ material is a set of visual resources that use plain English, pictures, storytelling and other communication tools to help people working in the legal system strengthen their communication skills and connect well with clients, audiences and other stakeholders.
For more information, see the Flyer below. REGISTER HERE!
Cairns accommodation – Special rates for attendees!
Shangri-La the Marina Cairns have offered a special rate for CLE Skills Refresher Workshop attendees (subject to availability): $225 per night in the Deluxe Room, or $265 including breakfast. Sign up to be a Golden Circle loyalty program member for an additional 15% off! Book as soon as possible to take advantage of these great rates!
Shangri-La the Marina Cairns contact: (07) 4052 7500 (press 1 for reservations) or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What is CLE?
Community Legal Education equips people with the awareness, knowledge and skills needed to deal with legal problems encountered in everyday life.
CLE is delivered via:
- storytelling and community engagement with priority groups including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and communities
- face-to-face and online legal education sessions/webinars for community members and community workers
- collaborative projects that focus on increasing awareness of the law and our services within communities
- community events/ expos
- web-based legal information and digital resources including video and podcasts
- online/print materials including factsheets and legal information guides.
NOTE: We will be keeping a close eye on COVID-19 restrictions and will communicate with registrants in the lead up to the event.