Gather with us on the beautiful country of the Gimuy Walaburra Yidingi and Yirragangi peoples in tropical Cairns to build on your knowledge and practice at the 2021 CLE (community legal education) Skills Refresher Workshop.
This workshop is designed as an in-person experiential learning event for CLE practitioners in the legal assistance sector where you can:
- Showcase CLE projects and resources
- Build your CLE skills and multidisciplinary practice
- Connect CLE research and theory
- Participate in peer learning and reflective practice
- Be inspired and make an impact.
Register now! Program coming soon!
Solicitors can claim up to 5 CPD points for this event.
Presented by the CLE Educators North Queensland (NQ) Working Group — a project of the Community Legal Education Legal Assistance Forum (CLELAF)
What is CLE?
Community Legal Education equips people with the awareness, knowledge and skills needed to deal with legal problems encountered in everyday life.
CLE is delivered via:
- storytelling and community engagement with priority groups including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and communities
- face-to-face and online legal education sessions/webinars for community members and community workers
- collaborative projects that focus on increasing awareness of the law and our services within communities
- community events/ expos
- web-based legal information and digital resources including video and podcasts
- online/print materials including factsheets and legal information guides.