Join Legal Aid for a free legal information webinar to learn how to support people experiencing mental illness and/or intellectual impairment appearing before the Mental Health Court (MHC) or the Mental Health Review Tribunal (MHRT).
This webinar will include Auslan and live captions.
The session will be presented by senior lawyer Sarah Lynch from our MHRT team and will cover:
- the MHC – overview, processes and its role
- the defence of unsoundness of mind and a person’s fitness for trial
- the MHRT – overview, process and timeframes
- supporting a person through the review process
- legal representation in the tribunal
- appealing a decision made by the MHRT
- how Legal Aid Queensland can help
- other avenues for support.
Help us to create an engaging session by submitting your questions when you register!
For more details about this webinar, visit our Community Legal Education webinars page on our website.