My Community Legal – Southport Community Hub
My Community Legal Inc. (MCL) is an accredited Community Legal Centre and registered charity based in Gold Coast, assisting clients who cannot afford a lawyer and who are not legally-aided.
MCL volunteer lawyers (assisted by students) provide free legal assistance in the following practice areas: family and domestic violence; consumer and debt; employment; tenancy; minor crime and traffic offences; micro business; and immigration law.
Advice Sessions at Southport Community Hub run on Tuesday every fortnight. Appointments at this service run from 9:00am - 11:00am and 5:00pm - 9:00pm.
- Gold Coast
- South East Queensland
- Information and referral
- Legal advice
- Booked appointments
- Phone advice
- Child contact and residency
- Child protection
- Child/Spousal maintenance
- Child support
- Consumer complaints
- Criminal charges
- Divorce and Separation
- Divorce and seperation
- Domestic violence
- Domestic Violence Order breaches
- Elder abuse
- Family law
- Family violence
- Financial exploitation
- Generalist service
- Neighbourhood disputes
- Offences against other persons
- Offences against persons
- Offences against property/other
- Personal injuries and workers compensation
- Traffic offences
- Unfair dismissal
- Wills and estates
- To facilitate the local legal profession provide pro bono publico services;
- To provide a free and accessible legal service;
- To provide referral to appropriate agencies;
- To promote holistic legal education of intending future legal practitioners; for the benefit of the Gold Coast Community.
- Are experiencing financial disadvantage;
- Are under 24 years of age;
- Are single parents; Are of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent;
- Have a mental or physical illness or disability;
- Are experiencing or at risk of homelessness;
- Experiencing or at risk of domestic violence, or have a concern about domestic violence in or around their home and or family;
- Are over 65 years of age;
- Are from a culturally or linguistically diverse background;
- Are living in a rural or remote area; or
- Who have a low level of education.
- Have the means to afford a lawyer;
- Are employers in employment disputes; or
- Landlords in tenancy disputes.
- Commercial concerns (limited to small businesses with minimal turnover and small profit margins (micro business)).
- Social security and taxation questions;
- Providing advice certificates; or
- Wills an estates planning.
- Gold Coast and Northern Tweed.
Opening Hours Info
Monday 09:00 am - 03:00 pm
Tuesday 09:00 am - 03:00 pm
Wednesday 09:00 am - 03:00 pm
Thursday 09:00 am - 03:00 pm
Friday 09:00 am - 03:00 pm
- Saturday Closed
- Sunday Closed