My Community Legal Inc
My Community Legal Inc. (MCL) is an accredited Community Legal Centre and registered charity based in Gold Coast, assisting clients who cannot afford a lawyer and who are not legally-aided.
MCL volunteer lawyers provide free legal assistance in the following practice areas: family and domestic violence; consumer and debt; employment; tenancy; minor crime and traffic offences; micro business; and immigration law.
Advice Sessions at Robina Headquarters run every Thursday evening, with intake beginning at 5.00 pm. No appointments are necessary to attend this service.
Advice Sessions at Southport Community Hub run on every Tuesday. Appointments at this service run from 9:00 am - 11:00 am and 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm.
My Community Legal Inc., 196 Robina Town Centre Drive, Robina QLD, Australia
PO Box 1310 SOUTHPORT QLD 4215
0423 466 286 [Robina Walk-In Service]
0411 896 401 [Southport Duty Phone]
Mission The objects of the My Community Legal Inc. are:
- To facilitate the local legal profession provide pro bono publico services;
- To provide a free and accessible legal service;
- To provide referral to appropriate agencies;
- To promote holistic legal education of intending future legal practitioners; for the benefit of the Gold Coast Community.
- Are experiencing financial disadvantage;
- Are under 24 years of age;
- Are single parents; Are of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent;
- Have a mental or physical illness or disability;
- Are experiencing or at risk of homelessness;
- Experiencing or at risk of domestic violence, or have a concern about domestic violence in or around their home and or family;
- Are over 65 years of age;
- Are from a culturally or linguistically diverse background;
- Are living in a rural or remote area; or
- Who have a low level of education.
- Have the means to afford a lawyer;
- Are employers in employment disputes; or
- Landlords in tenancy disputes.
- Commercial concerns (limited to small businesses with minimal turnover and small profit margins (micro business)).
- Social security and taxation questions;
- Providing advice certificates; or
- Wills an estates planning.
- Gold Coast and Northern Tweed.
Opening Hours Info
Monday 09:00 am - 03:00 pm
Tuesday 09:00 am - 03:00 pm
Wednesday 09:00 am - 03:00 pm
Thursday 09:00 am - 03:00 pm
Friday 09:00 am - 03:00 pm
- Saturday Closed
- Sunday Closed
Appointments Southport: Please contact the Southport Community Hub to arrange either a face-to-face, video or phone appointment. Advice sessions at this service run from 9:00am - 11:00am and 5:00pm - 9:00pm on every Tuesday. Robina: Client Intake 5.00 pm every Thursday evening. No appointments are necessary. Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 9:00am - 3:00pm For telephone enquiries, please have ready your name, name of other parties, and a brief description of the issue you need help with. Closed on Public Holidays. Closed over the Christmas period.