The aim of the service is to assist members of the community, particularly those from non-English speaking backgrounds, in the following ways:
- To provide information about the Australian legal system and law. Solicitors and immigration advisers are available to give free advice and referral on matters relating to immigration law and related general areas of law;
- To advocate on legal matters, particularly immigration and discrimination laws;
- To raise awareness of the public, lawyers, the courts, government officers and police about the difficulties faced by people from non-English speaking backgrounds in dealing with the legal system. Community legal education services are provided. Staff are available to talk on legal topics to community groups;
- To research relevant areas of law;
- To participate in law reform and policy development.
Opening Hours Info
Monday 09:00 am - 05:00 pm
Tuesday 09:00 am - 05:00 pm
Wednesday 09:00 am - 05:00 pm
Thursday 09:00 am - 05:00 pm
Friday 09:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Saturday Closed
- Sunday Closed
Hours: Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm RAILS is closed on weekends and public holidays. Appointments: The service provides legal advice on a wide variety of refugee and immigration matters. Appointments are conducted by phone, face-to-face in their office in West End, or at several other locations via their outreach clinics. No Walk in appointments. Appointment bookings must be made over the phone. Booking line: (07) 3846 9333 Main line: (07) 3846 9300 In partnership with Legal Aid Qld, RAILS offers fortnightly general advice clinics on Family Law for information on matters including divorce, child custody and property settlement. Clinics are conducted every second Friday (during the day) at the RAILS office. Please call (07) 3846 9333 during business hours to book an appointment.