Tenants Queensland Inc
Tenants Queensland (formerly Tenants' Union of Qld) is a state-wide community organisation that provides services for and represents the interests of residential tenants in Queensland. Tenants Queensland works to improve and protect the rights of all people who rent their home including tenants in private rental, public housing, community housing, caravan parks and boarding house tenants.
This service assists residential tenants.
This service does not assist lessors or real estate agents.
Tenants Qld is an independent community organisation and legal centre that provides services for and represents the interests of residential tenants in Queensland.
Tenants Qld advice service has a high volume of callers.Therefore, clients may need to keep trying.
- Central Queensland
- Darling Downs / South West Queensland
- Far North Queensland
- North Queensland
- South East Queensland
- Community legal education
- Information and referral
- Law reform
- Legal advice
- Publications and self help materials
- Booked appointments
- Information sessions
- Phone advice
- State-wide phone advice service – a free tenancy advice, advocacy and support service for tenants. Tenants Qld, however, cannot assist tenants who are in dispute with other tenants;
- Legal service – a specialist legal service that assists tenants with complex tenancy matters and undertakes test cases. Referral is through the phone advice service;
- Community education – Tenants Qld distributes a range of tenancy information publications including fact sheets, translated information and information for indigenous tenants. These publications are also available at www.tuq.org.au.
- Tenancy law training - Tenants Qld provides accredited and non-accredited training in tenancy law for tenants, community workers and tenant advocates.
Opening Hours Info
Monday 09:00 am - 05:00 pm
Tuesday 09:00 am - 05:00 pm
Wednesday 09:00 am - 05:00 pm
Thursday 09:00 am - 05:00 pm
Friday 09:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Saturday Closed
- Sunday Closed