Women’s Legal Service
The Women’s Legal Service is run by women for women.
Assistance is provided by lawyers and social workers during the day and several evenings each week.
The service is interested in all areas of law which impact upon women, but has extensive involvement in family law and domestic violence issues.
The service is actively involved in community education and law reform campaigns designed to improve the treatment of women by the legal system.
WLS offers free legal help for women in Queensland with domestic violence, complex family law and sexual assault notes counselling privilege matters. WLS does not provide any legal assistance to males. They do not take on any criminal law matters.
WLS is a Queensland wide service, with in person appointments limited to the Brisbane area.
Admin and reception cannot provide legal advice. If a client needs advice they will need to contact the Helpline.
- Central Queensland
- Far North Queensland
- North Queensland
- South East Queensland
- Community legal education
- Information and referral
- Law reform
- Legal advice
- Publications and self help materials
- Booked appointments
- Phone advice
- Talks and seminars
- Child protection
- Lesbian / Gay / Bisexual / Trans / Intersex
- Seniors / Elderly / Aged
- Child contact and residency
- Child protection
- Child support
- Child/Spousal maintenance
- Divorce and seperation
- Domestic violence
- Family violence
Opening Hours Info
Monday 09:00 am - 05:00 pm
Tuesday 09:00 am - 05:00 pm
Wednesday 09:00 am - 05:00 pm
Thursday 09:00 am - 05:00 pm
Friday 09:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Saturday Closed
- Sunday Closed
- Call the helpline to make a phone appointment.
- Appointments available Monday to Friday - 09:00am to 5:00pm and Monday and Wednesday evenings.
- Drop-in sessions: Monday and Wednesday 6pm (Annerley).
- Call for a specific appointment time outside these hours.
- Brisbane Office: Monday to Friday - 09:00am to 5:00pm.
- Helpline: Monday to Friday - 09:00am to 3:00pm.